figgyoconnell

Linda Coggin
Forgetting Foster
Dianne Touchell

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor - Robert Kirkman, Jay Bonansinga, Fred Berman Those 4 stars up there are misleading, let me try and explain...

3 stars for the story, which kept getting distracted by itself, and wandering off into the past or other times, or memories of the characters, leaving the reader (or listener), wondering where the heck this detour came from and where was the path so they could try and find their way back to the story.

A story which was, all things said and done, not particularly well put together or unique, but which did have one heck of an interesting ending.

Seriously, last couple pages of the book level spoiler That thing where I spent the WHOLE NOVEL picturing this dude
as Philip, and his brother Brian as some weakling drop-out version of him, when that guy, that weakling guy, was IN FACT, the guy who would go on to become the Governor we all love to hate and hate to love.

5 stars for Fred Berman, the AWESOME narrator. For such a weirdly put together flow, he managed to keep the listener interested. His voices were SUPERB, and I could instantly tell which one of the characters was speaking, even when two such characters came from the same place and had a very similar drawl.

There were moments where I wondered to myself if there was another person doing the female voices because they were so SOFT, so FEMININE that I doubted the guy who could growl in that harsh, Philip-like way, could have me mistaking him for a woman in the next breath.

I will undoubtedly be looking for more books read by this narrator, and discovered during my listening to this that he narrated The Time Traveler's Wife, one of my FAVOURITE books.

I don't always listen to audio books...

But when I do, they're narrated by you, Fred Berman.

Thanks for all the awesome car trips.