figgyoconnell

Forgetting Foster
Dianne Touchell

Yes, Chef!

Yes, Chef! - Lisa   Joy
You bet, darls. Grace called everyone darls, but I liked to think I was one of her special darls.

Meet Becca Stone, a Mary Sue if ever there was one.

The blurb of this book offers readers excitement, controversy, and romance. But what it actually delivers is far from it.

As the story opens, Becca is working in the reservations office for Damien’s many restaurants. The many restaurants are so busy that calls go through a central office.

She’s pulled aside by Damien’s personal assistant, Abigail, who is going away for a month and wants Becca to take over in the meantime. And then she’s caught up in the whirlwind of planning events for Damien, taking trips overseas, and falling in and out of… lust.

But there was no real emotion in this, no reason to care for the characters, and nothing particularly unique. This was a watered down version of books like The Devil Wears Prada and Nanny Diaries.

This was an inside, “uncensored” look at an industry which we know has some pretty big tempers, but it never delivered on the heat it promised, or the juicy secrets.

The rest of this review can be found here!